Digital technologies also offer extraordinary opportunities and for school-age children. With the help of the internet environment, children can easily and quickly access information, fun games and similar activities. However, in addition to these wonderful opportunities about digital technologies, the danger of the child encountering mental and physical attacks and traps is obvious reality. For example, it is possible for a child in the internet environment to enter a pornographic site by watching an advert that appears unintentionally or because of a wrong word type in the search engine, or a visual that provokes the child's curiosity may endanger him mentally, emotionally or physically. Almost every day hearing news about a child who has been physically or mentally victimized because of some online games scary, worrying and terrifying for parents!
The safest way to protect the child from the dangers briefly mentioned above is to keep him completely out of the internet environment. However, due to very fast developing digital technologies, it is not possible to keep the child completely away from the internet environment and banning it completely does not solve the problem. Moreover, due to environmental factors and parental attitudes, it has become impossible to completely ban internet environments and prevent access. For this reason, in order to protect the child from the dangers posed by the internet environment, it is an obligation to find more effective precautions than trying to ban it completely
First of all, it should be stated that, due to the possibilities of digital technologies, any precaution that can be taken will not be able to protect the child from the dangers mentioned above. Therefore, there is no more effective way to protect the child from these dangers than to gain knowledge, consciousness and behavior, and to strive for this goal.
Due to these facts, as a school policy, we persistently and decisively implement practices and impose necessary and enforceable prohibitions in order to protect our students from the dangers and harms of the internet environment:
1) SCHOOL-FAMILY AGREEMENT: First of all, we provide a full understanding of e-safety with our parents during student admission to our school. This consensus begins with the requirement to agree to prevent the child from uncontrolled access to the Internet and participating in computer games. In other words, as the family and school, letting the child be on the internet in an uncontrolled way does not develop or liberate the child, but as a potential danger that removes the child's will and thus deprives his / her freedom due to its addictive effect and taking measures and appropriate studies We agree to do it.
2) PARENTS SEMINARS: We keep the knowledge and awareness of teachers and parents up-to-date and alive about the dangers posed by constantly changing and developing digital technologies by organizing repeated e-security seminars and presentations for parents of students.
3) STUDENT SEMINARS: Similarly, by making presentations and seminars for students, we raise students' awareness and behavior on e-security.
4) EFFECTIVE AND CLOSE MONITORING: By monitoring and controlling the student at school, at home and outside, we develop constantly updated precautions against the dangers of the internet. With the cooperation of the school and the family, we ensure that the child accesses the internet in a public and controlled manner and benefits from digital technologies, rather than confidentially.
5) RAISING AUTOCONTROL AWARENESS TO THE STUDENT: On the other hand, while monitoring and controlling the child effectively, we explain these follow-ups and controls to the child in a correct and persuasive way and try to obtain his consent. This effort also aims to give the child an understanding of self-control and behavior. Our most important goal is to raise the awareness of the students that they should be protected from the dangers and traps that are in the internet environments and aiming at the abuse of the child, the dangers and harms caused by the online games.
6) TO TEACH THEM HOW TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM THE DANGERS OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES: Teaching students how to protect themselves from the dangers of digital technologies, and cooperating with students' parents on this issue are among our primary practices.
7) OUR SOLUTIONS COME FROM LOVE: The love we feel towards the child guides us in solving new problems.